What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium is almost done.

I started this a couple months ago and wanted to share.I have a small greenhouse outside but wanted to build this to get some plants to enjoy inside too.I must add a little nervous everything grows really good in the natural sun.Iam not done yet I need to get a small fan and figure out the lighting configuration,which after reading the lighing 101 makes me more confused.Its sits in a east window which lets in a couple hours of morning sunlight.I have two shop lights now but after reading I think it will take a couple more.Heres a couple pics,one is from the outside greenhouse.The others from the terrarium as I built it.A few weekends.I open to any suggestions or ideas.2013-03-03 08.25.16.jpg.2013-01-26 18.28.48.jpg2013-02-03 14.40.16.jpg2013-03-02 07.42.23.jpg2013-03-09 13.50.48.jpg

I'll take two!

looks like a big wardian case except your looks better than a wardian case

That is one of the coolest setups I have seen so far! Can you make a full build thread? How do you plan to cool/light it?

Oh man, I need one of these!

Thanks for the nice comments.As far as the lighting goes.Some what hidden on the top, I have (4) GE Ecolux 40watt florescent 4100k 2 shoplight's about 14 inches away.I would like it closer but to conceal them I chose that spot?On the bottom under the shelf I have same thing only one shop light about 11 inchs away?Iam open to ideas or somthing that might be better.This whole artificial lighting think is alittle bit confusing to me.I know it can be done with good results just by all the pics here on the forum.Mass I think has it figured out.Any suggestions would be cool.
About the step by step directions sounds like alot of work.But I would love to help if you have a few questions.Really it wasnt hard to do.Just alot of time.One thing I relized dont try cutting your own glass.Go to Lowes and they have a cutter they cut for free.Homedepot sucks anyway!
I will add the fans and humidifier next weekend.Thanks for all the good vibes.

Back