What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for misters.......

SgtSarracenia

Sgt Sarracenia
Hey all you DIYers. I want to set up a lazy mans mister! In other words I do not have enough Neps to warrant buying some elaborate misting system, and all of these "Patio" misting systems are way too expensive for what they really are. (in my opinion)

I have only really been growing Neps for a year now. I had been keeping the humidity high enough, I thought, good growth, great foliage, but no pitchers. "Huh, maybe they are not STAYING moist/humid enough." So I started misting every time I walked by. Imagine that, now just about all of them have pitchers. ??? I have been misting with a little 2 liter hand sprayer throughout the day. I work from home so not a big issue. I have come to the conclusion though that a simple set-up using a 2-3 gal sprayer hooked to tubing and nozzles would help me from having to stand there and do it by hand. I figure, pump up the sprayer until physically cannot pump anymore, then open a valve and let it run until exhausted of pressure. I pretty much work round the clock or at least am awake doing something at all hours and have no problem "taking a break" to go fill and pump up the sprayer and let it run. My question is, who has the best price on nozzles? I have pent a good amount of the day online trying so find a supplier/vendor, IN THE US, that has affordable nozzles. I also am a bit conderned about the pressure needed to PROPERLY get the appropriate misting from the nozzles. If anyone has any suggestions about where do get some nozzles I would appreciate it.

Thanks

anyone have ANY suggestions?

Well, most Greenhouse supply companies have misting nozzles and such, not sure about prices though. Only time I've seen someone use a small scale misting system for neps was a grower who was using a Mistking system, but I'm sure those aren't cheap.

No they are not cheap. I am starting to think that I really only have the choice of buying them through a greenhouse supply. We do what we need to I guess. Thanks Exo

If it's just nepenthes, you can simply hook up a cheap booster pump to a nozzle from mistking and feed it with distilled water.

If you decide to go mistking, I work at a pet shop and was going to do a group order to get a discount. I'm doing the research right now to see if it really will be practical and not just a big hassle. But if you do possibly want a discounted mistking let me know. As I said, I'm not sure it will happen but I'm working on the logistics..

If you decide to go mistking, I work at a pet shop and was going to do a group order to get a discount. I'm doing the research right now to see if it really will be practical and not just a big hassle. But if you do possibly want a discounted mistking let me know. As I said, I'm not sure it will happen but I'm working on the logistics..

Keep me posted on that. I have stayed away from them for my reptiles for years because of the cost. I will probably just get an EZ Mist patio system and a small submersable pump.

Back