What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outaide grow area.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Outside LL grow area.

So I had to make a little detour seeing as how my GH wasn't going to be finished any time soon due to finances. So I had to setup a new outside grow area.

20130520_132309_zpsb0bfab2e.jpg

My goal is to build the bench and extend the shade cloth over the top of it. I have plenty of shade cloth on the other side of the GH.

20130520_132331_zpsdbd188e6.jpg

Early in in the build its looking good and I'm still designing how and what to do and how fancy to get.

20130520_175026_zps3396638b.jpg

I get the frame built and start adding slats.

20130520_222316_zps6a8a146f.jpg

Almost done laying the slats.

20130521_004735_zps9d41e459.jpg

After the night of day two the bench is finished. Now all I need to do is add misting system and poll for hanging plants.

20130521_195833_zps3397e1ba.jpg

Poll is installed and shade cloth draped over.
I tightened the shade cloth up when I re secured it down. It was too dark after moving plants out of GH to get a pic. Those have to come later.

This build took me approx two days with the build and the third day I spent a time moving plants and draping cloth over. The entire build is made of pallet material. The only things new are the nails and screws.

Looks great! One question, what % shade cloth is that?

50% shade cloth. My main goal is to just protect from noon day sun. I've used lattice effectively as shade too. Let's light in but as the sun moves a different part of the plant is getting hit by light at a different time.

Not bad for reclaimed pallet wood huh. I like it.

I had been meaning to ask you how you were gonna keep the humidity up, but I forgot you live in SC (Sauna Conditions, USA). LOL

Yup yup. It gets pretty humid. Lol

Back