What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rion Grand Gardener

Hi All

I'm looking at getting a Rion grand gardener 8' x 8' with the 6mm twinwall polycarbonate walls and 4mm polycarb roof.

Has anyone got any experience with these GHs? I need to get a modular GH as I'm likely to be moving to Cape Town in the coming months.

Night time temperatures are into the single digits around 5 degrees Celsius at night, and low 20's during the day.

Could someone please point me in the direction of a good thread dealing with heating? I'm not sure what I should do to maintain the over night temperatures. (Any advice welcome)

I am looking to keep only highland nepenthes in the GH - I'm not aiming for ultrahighlands for the foreseeable future.

thanks in advance.

We have a member here (Brokken) that grows in this brand of GH. He actually talked me out of buying one for myself, stating it would never stand up to our weather conditions. He's in a nicer area of California where the weather is anything but extreme..
If you don't have to deal with snow, high winds, tornadoes, or extreme heat.. then it should work out quite nicely for you.

In johannesburg I think it would probably be OK. I'm not sure about your winds there. But I have friends from South Africa and from what I hear the weather get nicer the more south you go.

Hi,
Johannesburg is quite mild, the position i have chosen is very sheltered from wind. Collected it today - project under way!

Back