What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a 125 gallon terrarium with a pond. I am about to redesign my terrarium and turn the pond into a bog. I need some ideas on what cp's would be best there. I'm actually thinking of stuffing the pond area with sphagnum moss and having the water level just at or slightly above the moss. I already plan to get Drosera intermedia 'Cuba' and I will probably also plant some Utricularia. I have a few types but sandersonii has been my favorite so far. It blooms almost constantly (except during droughts). I also currently have Pinguicula primuliflora in my terrarium and the ones in waterlogged soil aren't growing as well as the one farther away. I also would love ideas for non-carnivorous plants for the terrarium that will be on the smaller size and not grow too fast. Thank you for any suggestions. I also hope to post some pictures of the terrarium to give people an idea of what im talking about but I have a bad mold problem so don't critique it too much.

I'm assuming there aren't any criiters in the terrarium? That would rule out any sundews IMO. I think that any of the small common utrics' like sandersonii, fulva, dichotoma, etc would do fine in the conditions you described. What lights are on the tank?

Actually I am thinking about eventually populating the terrarium with poison dart frogs and/or pygmy chameleons eventually. I may even get small day geckos but nothing big. The lights on the tank are 4 4foot 32watt lights. 2 are 3500K and 2 are 6500K

Back