What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

awesome COOLED growroom!

And such a deal at only $5,445.00. Looks like it might even hold 1 or 2 small plants.

edwardsiana is actually an intermediate.. not an UHL'er.
Grows along side burbidgeae.

Man, That's wild with the pricing... How can they possibly justify it?

My HL setup is a 4 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft waterproof terrarium made with construction foam with sliding glass front doors and glass lid -made DIY for about $50-60 total and uses a 8000BTU Window air conditioner with air pushed from the window through a 4" diameter dryer duct hose that is filled with fog from a Vicks humidifier and a 4" PC fan controlled by a Zoomed Hygrotherm humidity and temperature control device. The AC, dryer tube, fan, 12v DC fan power source, hygrotherm all together ran about $300 so for $350 +/-, no $5,000+

so you can buy a brand new huge chest freezer for a few hundred, a 600 watt ballast, reflector, bulb and inline fan for about 600..... what else is there to it? :0o: timers and thermostat.... maybe 50 more.

and a 600 watt light for a space that small..... such overkill!

actually while we are on the subject of chillers, I also wanted to ask if anyone has used this or know how this works, and if it will work on a terrarium...
http://www.hhydro.com/Ice-Box-Heat-Exchanger-6.html
It requires a chiller to cool down liquid which is pumped through the unit. A fan blows on the coils, transferring heat from the air to the liquid. Fwiw I would think a heater core from a car, or better yet a truck would perform exactly the same function, be bigger with more cooling capacity, and cost a lot less as well.

that's super nice, matt! might try that!

Back