What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first Bog garden and Maine photos

So I went to northern Maine to visit one of my good friends last week and discovered an awesome bog while I was there. After telling a few of his friends about it one of them invited me to a bog on his parents property the next day and let me take a few plants to start my own bog garden. I got some really amazing looking pupureas from his property, but they still were much smaller and not as nicely colored as the ones that I found in the protected bog. I'll post the few photos I have of the wild ones but I should have really taken much more...

I'll start with photos from my bog garden since it's in this section of the forum. Everything in here's collected from my friends private property:
IMG_2558_zps499ae24d.jpg

These purps are really incredible!
IMG_2562_zps8fff5b35.jpg

IMG_2563_zps9ac9fe1f.jpg

IMG_2619_zps9155a646.jpg

IMG_2617_zps6ba195e3.jpg

IMG_2615_zpsb8061a5b.jpg

Sadly I didn't take any better photos of the one's off the boardwalk, but imagine the ones above but bigger and better colored (if possible!)
IMG_2615_zpsb8061a5b.jpg

IMG_2431_zps6ba51e01.jpg

IMG_2448_zpseeca3ffd.jpg

IMG_2450_zps445b155c.jpg

Some D. rotundifolia
IMG_2428_zpse34d0a07.jpg

SWEET! That rules man. Does that mean you moved to the east coast?

Very, very cool, and I am very, very jealous!

Looking like there's a mess of orchid leaves in the 2nd pic up from the bottom. Possibly a Spiranthes species.

Looks awesome! killer sphagnum too :)

I'm jealous! Nice to be able to start with some more mature plants right away.

Back