What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fogger

Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you use a fogger to keep the humidity levels up in your tank. I am thinking about purchasing a small fogger and leaving on the low setting so my humidity will be constant all day. Lowest my humidity gets without a fogger is around 70% before I spray the tank done again. Are there any plants that don't like high humidity?

Current plants in terrarium:
N. ampullaria
Venus Flytrap
S. cernua (orchid)

I don't think there are any plants that don't like high humidity. Maybe Drosophyllum lusitanicum, but I'm pretty sure you're not going to put that in a terrarium. To keep humidity levels up in my tank, I just put plastic wrap on top, although I'm trying to get a glass lid to put on it. Does your terrarium have an open top? If it has a lid I don't see why you would need a fogger, although it would probably help keep it cool.
70% is not bad for humidity so unless your plants are going dry I'm not sure you would need a fogger.

I agree, if your lowest point is 70% then you will be fine without a fogger.

Only your N. ampullaria might want more humidity, but what is your high humidity level?

After spraying it's at 98% for around 1-2 hours. Then starts to fall.

Closed top open side. I want to make sure there is enough air circulation before I close the up the open side. I have a small fan coming in the mail as we speak.

I think it would be fine if you just closed the side and put a fan inside. That way you would have high humidity and adequate air circulation inside the tank. If you plan on completely closing the tank, I think a fogger would just be redundant.

Exactly what Tanukimo said.

Cool. Thanks for the help guys!

Back