Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bog happenings 2014, pic heavy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's fantastic DJ. It has come a long way in a short period of time. Congrats!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    That flower is perfect, except for the yellow streaks that make it even better in my opinion.
    Is Appalachian Spring oreophila x jonesii or the reverse? I don't know much about Sarracenia hybrids, but the flower looks very jonesii-like to me.
    Thank you, I also think the yellow streaks make it better. I think Appalachian Spring is jonesii x oreophila, but don't quote me on that. S. Jonesii flowers are deep red in color and much smaller.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zath View Post
    Oh!...my god.

Everything about your bog is spectacular!

I have the climate to make a winter-mulched bog a reality, but not the water supply. I'm so glad you took the time and effort to craft such a beautiful bog garden. Thank you for sharing.
    Thank you. Yeah, water is a big issue with a bog, especially a large one. I am fortunate to live where the water TDS level never goes much above 50 ppm and usually hovers in the 30s range so I can use the water from the hose, plus the fact it rains a lot here and the bog gets flushed with rain water. Without the quality of our tap water, I could not have the collection I do and certainly not the bog.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123