What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Sarracenia Water Table Build

Hey everyone I'm going to start my new water table thread. I was going to build a new table and improve my old ones but now everything is being replaced.
All the lumber is standard home store material and the pond liner and bulkhead fittings I found on ebay.. I will continue to add photos as the project continues. The size of the tables are 36" wide by 7' long each. These tables will have flowing water recirculating Back to a tank and pond pump.

Your basic lumber into a frame

And some corner gussets
plug the screw holes,sand material, and router the edges .
Add 3/4" plywood and screw down.
Layout and drill for the Bulkhead fitting
The Bulkhead fitting has a threaded inside so I can adjust my water depending on pump pressure.
My tables will be sitting on concrete and in order for the water to flow the tables need to be level so each leg has a 1/2" x 5" lag bolt. Each bolt can be backed out to change leg length.
Attaching the legs to the frame
Table as it stands
Top frame to hold down the pond liner 1" x2" material
Old fittings and the new. The small pipe would plug up very easy and increase the water level.

Last edited:
Okay, now I have to have one or two of these. I see my next project, ha. How deep is the tray? I like the recirculating water idea, how big a pump will you be using/tank size?

The table is about 5 " deep. makes my large pots flush with the edge. Last year I had a 40 gal can with a random left over pump.. This year I'm using a 100 gal stock tank underneath. I will try my old pump first to see how it works then pick up a new one If any problems.

Nice! I used unplaned timber to save costs but yours are Rolls Royce benches!

Cheers
Steve

Back