Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honzo's Texas Mini-Bog(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a long-overdue update! sorry
    What's happened so far: Everything has grown well and we are now entering my second season of growth. Sarracenia AG3 and Rubricorpora weren't as red as I'd hoped they would be, but hopefully that was from establishing themselves in a new environment. They did, however, produce my largest pitchers. I will be changing out the soil next season regardless for a 60% Peat, 20% Sand, 20% Perlite mixture. Everything showed tremendous growth. Last season, S. Leuco flowered. This season, S. Rubra and S. Purpurea flowered. The latter is super exciting as I rescued this from a nursery. New additions included a Sarr. Alata 'Night' STRAIGHT from Peter D'amato's California Carnivores (I went there and literally hand selected it with the guidance of Peter himself!). The recirculating water system has proven invaluable during the hottest months, and it gets hot. For some bad news, I lost all Drosera. One species that showed progress was D. Hybrida, which sent up several flowers throughout the season and doubled in size. I lost it to poor care-taking during the winter, and its hibernacula rotted away. Also lost was the S. Leuco during the last season, which I suspect was due to its disliking of frequent on/off flooding. Others have seemed to enjoy it. Lots of new spring growth in the pot RN, will try to post pics. the uploader on this forum is highly discouraging.
    "Be quiet! The plants will hear y... noooooo!" 'chomp - burp!'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BPB View Post
    Update??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Better late than never, I suppose! there ya go. As I said, will try to post pics.
    "Be quiet! The plants will hear y... noooooo!" 'chomp - burp!'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123