What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indoor Growspace Build

I know it's been awhile since I've updated the thread. I've just been procrastinating about getting the third table built and installed (It's only going to be used for starting some non-cp's early anyway, at least for now)

Judging by the amount of water I have to refill, the misting system goes through about 2 gallons a day to maintain a humidity around 78% during the day and 68% at night (has a 7% buffer, if you were wondering why the odd numbers). Cool thing though, is that I collect about 1/2 gallon a day in a bucket set down to catch the drips from the nozzles, which is just about enough to keep everything watered every few days.

Today I got some barbed hose-splitters, and I recently ordered a bag of cheap spray nozzles. The idea is to set a nozzle up on each end of the tables to provide better coverage. We'll see how the cheap nozzles work, and what happens with the water level after that. I'm hoping the dripping will be minimal, since the system will be able to release the pressure more easily once it shuts off.

Also, while I was at Lowes, just for the heck of it, I got a wireless thermometer / hygrometer, so I can easily keep tabs on what my actual temp / humidity is at different times during the day and make sure things are working as they should.

I also think there are some major leakages as far as air-flow, which may be why the mister has to run so much. Not sure what I can do about it until the weather warms up. Then I may move everything outside for a few days while I tear down the mylar, install some plywood or foam-board, and seal all the gaps with GS foam before re-installing the mylar. Hopefully that will seal things up a bit better and make it more efficient.

I also need at least ONE solid wall so that I can securely install the ventilation system. Going to need it once summer rolls around, or I'll be dealing with 100F+ temps inside.

FINALLY! :-D

third-table-setup.jpg

Also built a little box to securely hold the water-bucket and house the heater safely. The previous measure (plastic stacking crate), was apt to fall over and send the whole thing crashing down with the slightest bump.

heater-box.jpg

And I got the new spray-heads installed. Please excuse the staples. Everything is temporary until I'm sure it's where I want it and am sure everything is working properly.

6 sprayer-heads = SO MUCH MIST!!!!1!!11

portion-mist-system.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful build, what is the ratings on your lights? Your Sarracenia seem to be doing great for being under lights.

They're just 4-bulb T8 fixtures. Each one has two each of 6500k and 3600k bulbs, on a 16-hour photoperiod.

Back