What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini Greengouse or Plastic bags?

masonix

Mr Masonix
Hi!

As i said, i'm a bit of a rookie on this.
I just bought a new batch of fresh seeds, should arrive next week.

I have used a mini greenhouse below a LED RB plantlight, and i have seen many that uses plastic bags so i've started to use that, same way.

What is your experience whats best? The plastic bags are more or less airtight if you close them which makes the humidity quite high, but the mini greenhouses are easier to have many plants for and water them all at once, but not as airtight.

Here is one of my two mini greenhouses (I have a plant led tube on it now, not as on the picture):
P1010554_zpsutnuxdzg.jpg

And here's the bags:
671357E8-8B40-4DF0-87E1-1B1883740671_zpsioygkizq.jpg

I only intend to have them in there until they've sprouted i guess.

/ Ulf

What kind of seeds are these?

I would like to use this for some droseras i've ordered.
Its quite small but would be effeicient for seeding

8c76dcf5fa8241bdd96c2d22d82b9673.jpg

I hope you've found a more reliable source for your seeds - not those Chinese eBay sellers.

I got my new seeds from a source in Europe recommended by one of the members in this forum.
not all my seeds where bad, only the "dionea", I have successfully sprouted anglica and capensis now, they are just so small I'm not even sure my camera can shoot them yet, but have the right look when I look through scope.

Got this from a guy in San Diego, trying to do cold stratification .
0792a58132610df6eb94a1a6df7aecd2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you need those plastic bags at all.

Drosera spatulata self-seeds all over the place in my cold greenhouses. Drosera capensis does the same.

Thanks for answering my question! :)

How long does it take for them to sprout, mine took almost 6 weeks before green started to show.

I don't think you need those plastic bags at all.

Drosera spatulata self-seeds all over the place in my cold greenhouses. Drosera capensis does the same.

The risk of fungus far outweighs the convenience of not having to water IMO.

Back