What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Garden on top of 10 Gallon Fish Tank

Hello all,

I have built my first terrarium and decided to put it on top of my 10 gallon fish tank. All the moss and plants are real except the lotus flowers which I made out of clay. The bridge was made out of popsicle sticks which I had to eat a lot of ice cream :0o:. I'm a beginner so feel free to leave suggestion and criticism.

Thank you.

garden1.jpg

garden2.jpg

garden3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain that you can buy popsicle sticks at any craft store. You might want to trim some of those lower growing leaves on that tree to the right, but I'm a bonsai guy, so I like my trees to be to scale. If that's your first terrarium, I'd love to see your second.

Last edited:
Thank you for your suggestion, Curtisconners. Trimming all the lower branches sounds good to me because it will show the trunk of the plant :)

Glad to know I helped. Are there any fish in that tank?

I'm thinking about koi bettas, but the store which sells is them quite far from where I live. I live in Vancouver, Canada.

I'm thinking about koi bettas, but the store which sells is them quite far from where I live. I live in Vancouver, Canada.

I have just googled koi bettas and they are the most stunning bettas that I have ever seen! EVER! just make sure that you only get one male.

Cute design! Love the clay flowers. :)

:0o: That is just too cool! I can see myself standing on that bridge, haha. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
I agree. I love koi and koi bettas are some of my favorite freshwater fish.

I have just googled koi bettas and they are the most stunning bettas that I have ever seen! EVER! just make sure that you only get one male.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Dragonseye. It took 4 attempts until I was able to make them looked a little like real flowers.
Cute design! Love the clay flowers. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your comment DJ57. I'm glad you enjoyed.

:0o: That is just too cool! I can see myself standing on that bridge, haha. Thank you for sharing.

Please keep us updated on how this does. It would be great to see it progress. Not that one can improve on perfection.

Thanks Curisconners, I will keep it updated because I believe there is still a lot of room for improvement.

Please keep us updated on how this does. It would be great to see it progress. Not that one can improve on perfection.

Using LED string lights in my terrarium :) .

Back