What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expanding the grow area

Hi everyone,

I have been busy building a polytunnel to move my current plants into and expand my collection as well. I bought a "kit" which I am putting together with a help of a friend.
Very excited about it as I can't wait to start using it!

I am also putting a fence around it, I have dogs who will love nothing more then to tear holes in my tunnel :p

I will also be building a table which will house the plants, the table will have it's own watering system built in, basically an Ebb and Flow system, Ill use a weir as my overflow and that will go into a reservoir and be pumped back. Will also look at a filter system to try and clean out any algae growth.

Here are some photos of the progress so far:

hW81

5_RI

Last edited:
I wish that I had a greenhouse like that. Good luck and be sure to show us what's growing in there.

You appear to have copied a download link, rather than an image link to those files. Looks very nice though!

Thanks all, will keep you posted on the progress.
[MENTION=10989]nimbulan[/MENTION], please check the images now, I am using my google drive to host the embedded images but made some changes to the url which should hopefully have corrected it :)

Last edited:
I can't see how the wood frame attaches to the ground. If it is not staked you might want to consider it. Where I am I have seen some pretty big stuff take off in a high wind. Though I guess the two uprights at either end might be... looks great!

Thanks all, will keep you posted on the progress.
[MENTION=10989]nimbulan[/MENTION], please check the images now, I am using my google drive to host the embedded images but made some changes to the url which should hopefully have corrected it :)

Appears to be working now.

[MENTION=8317]pearldiver[/MENTION], Where the plastic tubes meet the ground they are seated into metal rods that have been driven into the ground. 14 rods in total.

So you are way ahead of me on that one. :) Best of luck with it.

Back