What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growlights for a 10-gallon terrarium?

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Greetings. I purchased a 10-gallon terrarium to have a Cephalotus, Drosera prolifera, and a Pinguicula 'Pirouette'. The terrarium is 12 inches long and 6 inches wide.

What would be the best option for growlights for this? I'm having difficulty finding bulbs for this

100 watt equivalent daylight color LED in a round reflector might work. What are all 3 dimensions?
I have 2 10 gallon tanks side by side. Each is 20 x 10 x 12 tall. They sit on my living room floor.
I have two 2 tube T8-32 four feet long, fluorescent shoplights on top of the tanks.
But I have a very understanding wife.

Good growing,
Mike

100 watt equivalent daylight color LED in a round reflector might work. What are all 3 dimensions?
I have 2 10 gallon tanks side by side. Each is 20 x 10 x 12 tall. They sit on my living room floor.
I have two 2 tube T8-32 four feet long, fluorescent shoplights on top of the tanks.
But I have a very understanding wife.

Good growing,
Mike

Tank is 12 inches long, 6 inches wide, and 8 inches tall

Last edited:
If you are looking for a nice fixture that will stay cool, look nice in a office setup on that tank, I would recommend looking at freshwater LED fixtures from Current USA and finnex. I use them myself and have found that they were the best light sources for all kinds of plants .. VFTs, cephs, nepenthes, utrics, sphagnum etc. They might cost a bit more than the regular LEDs, but IMO if you are seeking for a clean setup, they are totally worth it.

Back