What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus tank build progress

Quick pics through the glass. Sorry for the double post!

tmCxfii.jpg

N13QF4h.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, it's not like any CP flower I've ever seen before.

Yeah, weird little things. Good luck with pollination.

Been blooming, I've been pollinating daily!

PJOSili.jpg

Last edited:
Photobucket being a total pain so I moved all my pictures to another hoster.

Also, an update!

Mother plant, she needs to be moved to another pot again...which means more cuttings!
zymAc0i.jpg

The tank. The LEDs have been beating down quite hard on the existing growth, the newer pitchers are coming out spectacular, though!

AvczeVu.jpg

HS8t0HH.jpg

EK0I64S.jpg

This particular pitcher has some really dark teeth, nearly black. Cool thing is it's not that close to the lights.

Took this shot today. Darn things won't stop growing! I was hoping this tank would last a few years, seems like I'll need to start planning ahead when all 10 gallons is filled.

I9kkbFR.jpg

The color on the older pitchers is very nice.

So basically the entire tank has gone crazy...

AR5ARYI.jpg

xhmL7fx.jpg

Growth from April to present
OVxkIst.jpg

Last edited:
It looks amazing. Might have to do this when I free up a light .

Those cephs are looking great. They've filled in so much. I wish I had your luck, mine haven't changed size in all the time I've had them.

Thanks for your diligence in keeping us up on this project. 'Looks great! 'Like a big rectangle of plants and soil sectioned off from the native habitat for Cephalotus.

Absolutely incredible job. That was fantastic. I made a nice little desk setup myself with a cephalotus and I took it in for a demo to show kids and adults at different workshops/presentations. Always gets a nice reception. Yours looks incredible though. need to try something like that next time. haha.

So basically the entire tank has gone crazy...

AR5ARYI.jpg

xhmL7fx.jpg

Growth from April to present
OVxkIst.jpg

Thanks everyone!

A through the glass shot - Mountain of Cephs
vydegfw.jpg

Largest pitcher from the tank
E7iYq3G.jpg

Largest pitcher from the potted plant
AlDo4fu.jpg

There's a drainage layer. Just pvc, diffuser grid, and weed cloth :)

How high is the diffuser above the bottom of the tank?

Great set-up, thanks for sharing!

And ... when are you going to be selling/trading/giving away the cuttings from that very colorful and aggressive Cephalotus clone? Asking for a friend :).

Last edited:
Diffuser is set up about 1” above.

As for offering this clone, maybe soon.

Really great thread. Just bought a Cephalotus today. Second try at it. The first kind of withered away two years ago or so.

Cephs should be in all collections! Good luck with the new one.

I’ve decided to move the big mother plant, currently stuck in its 6” pot, into a 14”x14” reclaimed wood box. It’ll have drainage and a resin coated interior.

Last edited:
Back