What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artificial lighting

• Thread starter DRBeck
  • Start date
I know this isn't the first time this subject has been brought up. If I have a terrarium with a 6250K light, will my plants benefit from the chlorophyll A & B spectrum lighting? If so, I know they are red and blue but what K temp?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The Kelvin temperature rating only applies to white lights. Red and blue lights are just....red and blue. I would personally just add another white light at a lower color temperature (say around 3000k) rather than red/blue. The red/blue lights are good at enhancing the color of the plants but you'll probably hate the light color after you've had it set up for a while.

This is my issue with all the parameters of lights. You can measure them in Kelvin or nanometers. Bright white is visually appealing to the eye and, as I understand, contains all of the spectrums below the white. Red and blue light enable chlorophyll production.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back