What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Water Table and Ponds

• Thread starter Bonnie
  • Start date
I returned my former bog gardens to pond status due to feral cats using them as a litter box and also they seem to be irresistable to digging dogs. I added 3 more ponds for a total of 5 and am growing a different type of lotus in each so hopefully they'll at least be pretty. I built an above ground water table to give Sarracenias another go, hopefully this keeps the animals out. It's 8'x40" and made of redwood and douglas fir with a 1" bulkhead in the back for drainage. I'd love to find a float valve with a long enough screw to go through the wood so I could just directly hook it up to my GH RO filter but it won't be that hard to fill up using my portable DI system I have for watering the greenhouses. These are my 72 little test subjects, it holds 10 full flats and then some so hoping to add some more at the BACPS sale this weekend.

New Ponds

And why they didn't make very good bogs

Last edited:
What species of Sarracenia do you have? They all look pretty similar.

Nice setup there. Hopefully this one is not so easy to dig into.

Nice set up! You remind me of a Bonnie Person....

Back