What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Mini Bog Garden

Looks fabulous Rachel. Shame about the bugs. Looks like some kind of moth or caterpillar larvae.
I used to drown my plants in a bucket and leave it there for ten minutes to get rid of insect nasties.

Thanks MadAboutCPs :D No sign of more so far, but if that changes submerging sounds like a very promising idea!

It was quite coincidence that when you found caterpillars munching away at you're pretty leaves, I found a furry critter doing the same at my Nepenthes leaves. Was not impressed, out came the forceps, and the furry critter escaped and dropped to the ground before I could exact revenge on it by feeding it to the pitcher.

What kind of Venus fly trap is that one (second last picture, with the red mouth and green exterior)?

It was quite coincidence that when you found caterpillars munching away at you're pretty leaves, I found a furry critter doing the same at my Nepenthes leaves. Was not impressed, out came the forceps, and the furry critter escaped and dropped to the ground before I could exact revenge on it by feeding it to the pitcher.

What kind of Venus fly trap is that one (second last picture, with the red mouth and green exterior)?

The first caterpillar I found I couldn't believe it, and I accidentally dropped it too! Figured it was as good as dead so didn't worry too much about it. Was horrified to later find 2 of them happily munching away....

Both of those flytraps are from Bunnings, which are sold under the name Fang though they are clearly very different from each other. I read somewhere that there is an Australian supplier that uses this as a generic name for their flytraps, the same way all their sarracenia are sold as Gobble Guts. So not really sure if it is an actual Fang VFT or if it should just be considered typical :)

Bog Monsters

My Mini Bog Garden now has inhabitants! These guys started out as drawings and prints, but I just had to bring them to life...and having so much fun doing it!

Revealed by moonlight beneath the glittering stars, Bog Monsters wait patiently to give you a fright. But they’re quite friendly really - just look at those smiles. They just want to play with your pieces amongst the hungry flytraps, glistening sundews and pitfall pitchers.

Each Bog Monster is hand sculpted in polymer clay and adorned with glitters, holographic powders, foils and glow in the dark accents. Each one is unique in name, appearance and personality - truely one of a kind artworks. Adopt a Bog Monster into your family today.
#👹bogmonsters

39118575422_35a0a5bbdf_z.jpg

38267947245_b2c96c655f_z.jpg

27370572399_48386b42a0_z.jpg

38267953045_66ddba21f6_z.jpg

38267952845_dedbea4a94_z.jpg

38267951945_57f0f6b1d9_z.jpg

24288736107_9eb3b9ae4a_z.jpg

25283034848_dba6d978da_z.jpg

Very cute, they look nice and at home among the plants.

Very cute, they look nice and at home among the plants.

Thanks Grey Moss :boogie: I'm having so much fun making them and posing them in my bog garden lol. Plants have grown in nicely too, looking at building a much larger one as soon as I find a suitable container or pot.

Minty the Bog Monster

Minty is an incredibly rare Bog Monster. I found him on Christmas morning! His favourite foods are candy canes and charcoal.

27687507769_d03cc2086c_z.jpg

27687506969_ff56e60185_z.jpg

24598090437_a80e595f65_z.jpg

27687508669_6d947634b5_z.jpg

25594851218_6876910dfb_z.jpg

Very nice details on these characters. They remind me of something from Tim Burton.

Very nice details on these characters. They remind me of something from Tim Burton.

Thank you! That's a big compliment :-D I'm having heaps of fun making them there will be a whole plague soon lol, been experimenting a lot in my studio with different materials and techniques.

Last edited:
Back