What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new setup!

Lights:
2x 18W 1325 lumen LED
2X 11W 1050 lumen LED
1X 14W 1260 lumen LED
1X Taotronics 12W growlight
accent light- 40W 2700K 2600 lumen CFL
Shelves: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-4-Shelf-Shelving-Unit-Chrome/dp/B00NUS53CY/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VG47XTNGW92KEYWQMT6E

Since I have not been as active recently, here's some update pictures as well.
1DGg00yl.jpg

qxS6xjpl.jpg

bjdMv9Nl.jpg

dmJ74Ovl.jpg

oLIy0mQl.jpg

3Hq1x7Dl.jpg

This little one was a welcome surprise!
3EteWlHl.jpg

Any suggestions?

Great start. You should put some sort of reflector around each bulb if they are going to be at different heights. Your loosing a lot of good light by just having them bare.

Great start. You should put some sort of reflector around each bulb if they are going to be at different heights. Your loosing a lot of good light by just having them bare.

Thank you for the suggestion. The two (new) 18w lights will be getting some aluminum tape around the lip of the dome. In the picture, they are the ones next to the blue/red grow light. Earlier I noticed that the lights were heating up the water of my sarracenia, so I re- arranged the lights and plants again.once the other 14W spotlight LED is available, I will move one of the 18W lights over the nepenthes to get rid of the florescent light. The Lens style light guides are much better at directing the light than the normal style ones in a reflector or the 18w opaque plastic diffuser.
sjRa0mwl.jpg

mbMtHgTl.jpg

rfYmcXhl.jpg

18w on left, 14w on the right

Back