Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honzo's Texas Highland Tank Build

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    Great job. I am glad I was able to inspire someone. My chiller is currently down. I ran into a lot of plants dying as well. However, there may be a multitude of reasons for this. I also wasn't very happy with my chiller setup. It used to cycle on and off constantly. I turned it off around November of 2017 and bought a brand new pump that has been sitting around since then. lol. I need to improve the cooling system with a bigger reservoir, better insulation and make the system a lot more streamlined/aesthetically pleasing.
    Hey Vraev, I stumbled upon your post and was curious if you could direct me to the thread where you talk about your cooling system that Honzo referenced above as his inspiration for his system. Much thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    Great job. I am glad I was able to inspire someone. My chiller is currently down. I ran into a lot of plants dying as well. However, there may be a multitude of reasons for this. I also wasn't very happy with my chiller setup. It used to cycle on and off constantly. I turned it off around November of 2017 and bought a brand new pump that has been sitting around since then. lol. I need to improve the cooling system with a bigger reservoir, better insulation and make the system a lot more streamlined/aesthetically pleasing.
    Apologize for late reply, I actually ran into the cycling on and off dilemma. Fortunately, I had a leftover APEX reef controller that I used for everything (Total lifesaver) that allows me to set a "minimum off time." basically it gets the water temperature down to a certain point (checked by the probe), and then is controlled to remain off for a minimum of 40 minutes before it can start chilling again. Thankfully all this equipment was left at my disposal from my earlier (and somewhat of a failure) of a reefing interest, LOL.
    Last edited by Hamata-Honzo; 08-23-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    "Be quiet! The plants will hear y... noooooo!" 'chomp - burp!'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Pleuro View Post
    Great post Honzo! I have been looking for quite some time for someone who has attempted using an Aquarium Chiller and a radiator/fan to cool a terrarium. Can you please post a material list of components and maybe some more specs on how well you are able to cool your terrarium? What size Eco Terra did you settle on and how cool can you get it down to in there at night with the chiller running? Any more recent pics? This setup looks sooo cool!!
    I really need to check this forum more often... I will definitely get some pics up, quite a few plants in there now. As to components, the system is comprised of a chiller, tubing, a PC radiator, PC fans, and a water pump w/ reservoir. Its quite simple: the chilled water (50 degrees F) is pumped to the radiator where fans recirculate terraria air across the fins, allowing for heat exchange. This gets the temps down to around 56F. I have the XL Large Tall Exo.

I appreciate the compliments!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thatís great news Hamata-Honzo! I canít wait to see the pics! What kind of chiller and computer radiator are you using?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cool! I'm really interested in reading people's methods to cooling indoor growing areas lately. I too am excited to see your updates!
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honzo's Texas Highland Tank Build-plant-shot-1-jpg
    First Group Shot! (Sorry for the tiny preview, I'll find a way to blow them up).
    Last edited by Hamata-Honzo; 08-24-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Pleuro View Post
    Thatís great news Hamata-Honzo! I canít wait to see the pics! What kind of chiller and computer radiator are you using?
    The Chiller is a 1/10 JBJ. the PC radiator is a standard 240mm one that I found off Amazon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome shot! Hey can we see some shots of the system? Iím curious how ran all the tubing and settings for the chiller.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast