What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PVC Greenhouse

• Thread starter Escamillo
  • Start date
I'm thinking about making a PVC Greenhouse. Has anyone tried this? If ever I do
how do I raise humidity and lower the temperatures and raise it? Cause my windowsill isn't gonna fit my neps!

I'm thinking about making a PVC Greenhouse. Has anyone tried this? If ever I do
how do I raise humidity and lower the temperatures and raise it? Cause my windowsill isn't gonna fit my neps!

Hello. A little more info would help. Like is this going to be inside, How worm is it where it's going to be, is there a heat source close by? How big are you planning to make it? Highland/lowland? I made one with a 4' rack raped with fore mil plastic. If you have a good soweing machen you can sowe it together if not duckt tape works good.

Hello. A little more info would help. Like is this going to be inside, How worm is it where it's going to be, is there a heat source close by? How big are you planning to make it? Highland/lowland? I made one with a 4' rack wrapped with fore mil plastic. If you have a good sewing machine you can sowe it together if not duct tape works well.

Its outdoors(Bay Area) I think it would be pretty hot in summer 80-90+ Fahrenheit then winters are at 50-60. Im trying to make it highland and have it in two halves with the othe being intermediate. Im probably gonna use duct tape to be cheap! I think it should be 4 feet wide 5 feet tall and 7 feet long

Ok. First off I would try to find a used carport for the frame. I will simplify things for you and the metal pips will be heavier. The other thing is you need to get greenhouse plastic. It is UV protected so it wont degraid as fast. Otherwise you will be replaising to often(like once a year at the least). A small foundation is recamended. Not only will it help keep your greenhouse sicured to the ground but it helps keep pest out like mice and slucks ect. One the note of heating peope put up bubble wram for insalation. As far as humidaty a DIY fogger can be dun cheep and simple. For the summer you may need some shade cloth depending on where it is in your yard and cooling can be dun with a swampcooler. I dont recamend an AC for this as they seck water out of the air to help them cool.

Hope this helps.

Back