Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current USA Freshwater Satellite LEDs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also found most Drosera I grew in the past to do well in low humidity like yours as long as they are well watered and there isn't excessive airflow blowing right across them all day.

When your neps outgrow the tanks I wonder if you could put a reflective film across the back, sides and floor of a shelf with a piece of plexi or other clear material for viewing while keeping humidity in. Plenty of time to come up with a plan but just thinking out loud.

Too funny I thought those bottles were live fruit fly cultures for the plants In my years of growing CPs still have yet to try Gemmae. How odd and fascinating those little things are haha. Please do start an ongoing thread whenever you feel ready! It can really help to keep your progress in one place to look back on like a proud father

hah yep hard to hide here I plan to be very active, its sad seeing forums so quiet these days but I used this place for countless tips and inspiration over the years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthesl0ve View Post
    I also found most Drosera I grew in the past to do well in low humidity like yours as long as they are well watered and there isn't excessive airflow blowing right across them all day.

When your neps outgrow the tanks I wonder if you could put a reflective film across the back, sides and floor of a shelf with a piece of plexi or other clear material for viewing while keeping humidity in. Plenty of time to come up with a plan but just thinking out loud.
    Yeah they are doing rather well. But in my eagerness I am declaring that barely a month in for some of these plants. So we will see how it goes a month or two from now.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthesl0ve View Post
    Too funny I thought those bottles were live fruit fly cultures for the plants In my years of growing CPs still have yet to try Gemmae. How odd and fascinating those little things are haha. Please do start an ongoing thread whenever you feel ready! It can really help to keep your progress in one place to look back on like a proud father
    Gemmae are awesome! In the past I have started them in a terrarium or some kind of container with higher humidity so I worry that I am slowing them down with the lower humidity of this setup. Considering covering them up with some Saran wrap to keep up the humidity. But misting for now to assist with it without going too far.

But like I said earlier in this thread or another thread, they have only been in there a little over a week. I am just way impatient cuz I am too excited to see them fill those pots with awesome rosettes!

I will start a thread tomorrow using the images I have so far or considering getting a nice image of each plant. If nothing else it will serve as a reminder to me as to which plants are which The D. natelensis, D. sp pretty rosette and some other get mixed up in my head when I first look at them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12