Informational! Informational!:  13
Likes Likes:  60
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: My Indoor Highland Greenroom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if anything that is quite the apt description.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my nepenthes seed i got online is germinating very well already. wont order again given the shady nature of it but these had already arrived so lets see if they are legit or not. this is my first time attempting nepenthes from seed

IMG_2111 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
    IMG_2112 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
    IMG_2113 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

and a couple new arrivals
    IMG_2114 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
    IMG_2115 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

robc inflating next pitcher
    IMG_2116 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

ventricosa x spectabilis looking beautiful
    IMG_2117 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

ventricosa that got frost bit is progressing well with its basals. glad to see ti was not lost!
    IMG_2118 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
    lover of toothy species and hybrids

Growlist

highland tent

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robc pitcher popped open
    IMG_2116 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
    IMG_2138 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
    IMG_2139 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

new ventricosa x hamata pitcher
    IMG_2141 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
    IMG_2142 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

Growlist

highland tent

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    robc coloring up nicely

IMG_2181 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
    IMG_2183 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

spath x lowii
    IMG_2175 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

singalana
    IMG_2173 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

Growlist

highland tent

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am heading out of country for a month. Will be back in early April hopefully with lots of updated photos of the plants! Don't want anyone to think I am disappearing

Growlist

highland tent

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just returned home from my trip, will post some photos of tent in coming days. plants all survived the babysitter but def struggld a bit because thy were watered less than ideal. have an absolute ton of new plants coming in coming months. spent about 1500 on EP plants, 2500 on wistuba import in may, and 800 on BE presales. planning to build new space that will be roughly 10 x 5 and have 900 watts of induction light. go big or go home!

Growlist

highland tent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Killer collection Myles! I just joined Flickr yesterday and started following you today. I too re-entered this addictive hobby last year but this time on a larger scale. Many years ago I purchased two VFTs from Savons on a whim. Not knowing much about them, they hung on longer than they had a right too. Last year, I happened across a pitiful VFT at our local supermarket but this time went online and researched care (thank you Peter D'amato). It's still alive on my patio but turned out to be a gateway drug to a CP addiction. Lol! Next I ran across a half dead "pitcher plant" at our local nursery (it was later determined to be a Scarlet Belle). I had to rescue it along with two VFTs I was sure were beyond hope. Talked the cashier into selling them at deep discount. Only one VFT succumbed. Others are thriving. Scarlet Belle is very happy. Next came Sarracenias and a few Droseras (amazing bug control). Then I discovered Nepenthes and you know the rest of the story....

Few questions:
    A few of my Nepenthes are getting big. My N. Sanguinea, N. Ventricosa and N. Burkei will be repotted soon. My current situation is my kitchen counter with overhead T5 LED full spectrum lighting. Can't really hang anything from the ceiling as I rent. You seem pretty creative. Any out of the box suggestions?

Looking forward to more pics! I'll be adding pics to my new Flickr acct soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by javaliz59; 04-03-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javaliz59 View Post
    Killer collection Myles! I just joined Flickr yesterday and started following you today. I too re-entered this addictive hobby last year but this time on a larger scale. Many years ago I purchased two VFTs from Savons on a whim. Not knowing much about them, they hung on longer than they had a right too. Last year, I happened across a pitiful VFT at our local supermarket but this time went online and researched care (thank you Peter D'amato). It's still alive on my patio but turned out to be a gateway drug to a CP addiction. Lol! Next I ran across a half dead "pitcher plant" at our local nursery (it was later determined to be a Scarlet Belle). I had to rescue it along with two VFTs I was sure were beyond hope. Talked the cashier into selling them at deep discount. Only one VFT succumbed. Others are thriving. Scarlet Belle is very happy. Next came Sarracenias and a few Droseras (amazing bug control). Then I discovered Nepenthes and you know the rest of the story....

Few questions:
    A few of my Nepenthes are getting big. My N. Sanguinea, N. Ventricosa and N. Burkei will be repotted soon. My current situation is my kitchen counter with overhead T5 LED full spectrum lighting. Can't really hang anything from the ceiling as I rent. You seem pretty creative. Any out of the box suggestions?

Looking forward to more pics! I'll be adding pics to my new Flickr acct soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    i love hearing these stories! its like going into an animal shelter and you just want to take them all home and give them a second chance at happiness haha.

I started with VFTs at about 15 that my friend fed ground beef to (boy were we stupid hah) and in college had a whole setup under my bed with nepenthes and VFTs. Wish my yard was more sunny so i could grow sarrs but they just fail in dappled shade. its fullon nepenthes with a side of sundew and VFT for me

could you post a couple pics of the window setup from different angles so i can get idea of depth and how the upper section is? I am sure we can get creative. have you considered those adhesive strips that come with hooks maybe could hang and remove down the road.

Growlist

highland tent

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast