Informational! Informational!:  6
Likes Likes:  43
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: My Indoor Highland Greenroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a lot of hybrids with Hamata. I bought my first Hamata hybrid (Sibuyanensis x Hamata). Have you noticed any specific requirements?
    Your Nepenthes are beautiful and obviously thriving btw. You should change your title of this thread to "My amazing basement highland tent". Addicting little buggars, right? lol
    Since your Neps are indoors too what's your feeding preferences and schedule? Love to compare notes as I'm always open to learning more about these beautiful plants. Right now I add an Osmocote pellet to new pitchers a la Peter D'amato, they help themselves to any hapless insects that dare to sneak in through cracks in my kitchen window (from the looks of my Drosera on my window sill right now it's carpet beetles My Indoor Highland Greenroom). I occasionally supplement my Neps with: freeze dried blood worms, betta mini pellets and/or live pinhead crickets. I also lightly mist my pitchers with highly diluted Maxsea twice monthly during Spring through Autumn and monthly during the Winter months. How about you?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by javaliz59; 04-09-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i am on a mission trying to get all the hamata hybrids available. even if they arent as good as their parent its so cool seeing the influence of each parent. hamata hybrids in my experience are nine times out of ten more forgiving versions of hamata. they are more vigorous and can deal with more intermediate conditions. i am curious to see how the lowlander crosses with hamata handle my highland conditions. like crossing two polar opposites

wasnt long ago that the tent had just a few little plants inside (seriously i have a problem) but thank you very much. i am halfway done with my new setup and will take me at least a year to fill that and need to find some other options.

typically my feeding is simple. i use freeze dried bloodworms and depending on pitcher size and plant age put one tiny worm or up to a pinch into new pitchers after they open. that way everyone is fed at all times. i have not used maxsea but since i have some insanely slow growing tiny suckers i just purchased some and will try for first time this week. god bless you for dealing with those pinhead crickets hahaha i would end up with escapees in my house for sure
    lover of toothy species and hybrids

Growlist

highland tent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthesl0ve View Post
    yes i am on a mission trying to get all the hamata hybrids available. even if they arent as good as their parent its so cool seeing the influence of each parent. hamata hybrids in my experience are nine times out of ten more forgiving versions of hamata. they are more vigorous and can deal with more intermediate conditions. i am curious to see how the lowlander crosses with hamata handle my highland conditions. like crossing two polar opposites

wasnt long ago that the tent had just a few little plants inside (seriously i have a problem) but thank you very much. i am halfway done with my new setup and will take me at least a year to fill that and need to find some other options.

typically my feeding is simple. i use freeze dried bloodworms and depending on pitcher size and plant age put one tiny worm or up to a pinch into new pitchers after they open. that way everyone is fed at all times. i have not used maxsea but since i have some insanely slow growing tiny suckers i just purchased some and will try for first time this week. god bless you for dealing with those pinhead crickets hahaha i would end up with escapees in my house for sure
    I like the hamata hybrids (of which I have but I so far) but also the Aristolochioides hybrids.

I only get a dozen or so of the pinheads at a time. If they escape my Nepenthes, they dont escape my cat Sam. He's a bit of a bug eater. Ewwww....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aristo hybrids remind me of hunchbacks

Growlist

highland tent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aristo hybrids remind me of hunchbacks My Indoor Highland Greenroom
    Speaking of which here's my newest little pitcher... Burbidgeae x Aristolochioides.

Love the color. Doesn't have the hunchback like my (Densiflora x Spectabilis "Giant") x Aristolochioides) but I still love it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow seems only the peristome carried over! I actually like that more than most aristo hybrids. i have an aristo x hamata inflating its first pitcher since acquiring it a couple months ago. very curious what it will look like!

Growlist

highland tent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow seems only the peristome carried over! I actually like that more than most aristo hybrids. i have an aristo x hamata inflating its first pitcher since acquiring it a couple months ago. very curious what it will look like!
    I purchased my Burbidgeae x Aristolochioides hybrid from Bergen Water Gardens. I'll message you with their website if you'd like. Super fast delivery and healthy plants.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i order from them regularly, great place. i currently have about 50 plants on order between EP preorder, wistuba import and pearl river preorder. i will wait for them all to come and get situated before i even think about another addition.

Growlist

highland tent

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast