What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Indoor Highland Greenroom

Any supposed "mix" of Nepenthes seeds is going to be a scam (especially any that claim to have "edwardsiana" or similar specialty species seeds). Probably a single species or at best a mix of common lowlanders, and most of those mixes are old, no-good seeds that will not germinate. Also, if you ordered them from eBay, especially from anywhere in Asia, fair chance it's supporting poaching and import laws may have been broken bringing them in.

lots of new plants! Crossed a couple of my favorites off my want list with these two orders that arrived :woot:

N. X briggsiana var. 'Peter D'Amato'
IMG_1677 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

a couple rooted dyeriana cuttings, one is going to need some time to recover and the other on looks happy
IMG_1678 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

i tried to include tags in photos so I do not have to say which is which. Ask if you are unsure of any :)
IMG_1679 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1680 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1681 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1682 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1683 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1684 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1685 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1686 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1687 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1688 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1689 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1690 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

I repotted some of them that were in old media. this is of course in their new homes
IMG_1691 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1692 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1693 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1694 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1696 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1697 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

This Drosera has really taken off out of dormancy now, finally getting sticky!
IMG_1695 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

the tent is filling quickly with more on the way! :0o::-O
IMG_1699 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

I have always wanted the D'Amato cross never seen it for sale only on an eBay auction. Nice collection.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I got it from another grower who rooted it, very lucky to have it!

more arrivals, more photos :banana2:

this guy opened up recently, think the plants are happy in their new home :)

ventricosa x spectabilis
IMG_1718 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

baby robc
IMG_1721 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

truncata seedling
IMG_1722 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

IMG_1737 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1738 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

IMG_1739 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1740 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

spectabilis x hamata
IMG_1741 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1742 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1743 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

IMG_1744 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

getting full in here :mwahaha: i can hang at least 20 plants from the top when they get large and also good chance i make this setup bigger come spring or summer. god i love these plants, feels great to be back in the hobby!

IMG_1745 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

Last edited:
Loving it, man! Nice collection starting here! Amazing collection actually. As I scroll down and see more and more pictures of plants I could swear I hear the bell of a cash register as I pass each image. :D Must be costing you a small fortune right now!

you arent lying! thank god I saved up over there last few years for the day when I started back up again. This hobby feels alot like owning a boat :drunk::headwall: just hemorrhaging cash

I preordered two of a few very high priced nepenthes from wistuba for spring import and HOPEFULLY I can sell the duplicates to help soften the blow from all the spending.

Wanted to tell ya I also got some gameae from facebook just planted yesterday! excited to have sundews of many types now as long as i can get the gameae and seeds to sprout!

Last edited:
I preordered two of a few very high priced nepenthes from wistuba for spring import and HOPEFULLY I can sell the duplicates to help soften the blow from all the spending.
Ooo well keep me informed, I would be interested in being one your buyers! Especially since I expect all the importing process to be taken care of and happy to donate money to you for the plant gift and help you ease the costs! I have never owned a boat...maybe it is because I have had CPs! XD

Wanted to tell ya I also got some gameae from facebook just planted yesterday! excited to have sundews of many types now as long as i can get the gameae and seeds to sprout!
and another Ooooo awesome! My gemmae are looking great! I have a great new lens to feature them and so I will have to do a series of images tomorrow sometime :D

I just tried clicking your growlist link and it said i didnt have permission to view the page... the other link works fine for me? not sure what thats about

Last edited:
I just tried clicking your growlist link and it said i didnt have permission to view the page... the other link works fine for me? not sure what thats about

The link to my growlist is a link to CPUK forums where I began my CP hobby. I found that forum long before I discovered Terraforums so I wrote up my CP List there. I need to update it and get it over here. But I think what I will do now that I am starting that blog is post an article there with my grow list and old pictures of my plants and then link to that from now on.

The info of the grow list is here below in the code if you wanted to check out the old list:
Code:
Updated: Feb. 2014

Nepenthes

N. khasiana -- **
N. ventricosa -- **
N. maxima x ? -- Gubler's Orchids
N. (unknown Gubler hybrids) x 6
N. currently unknown x2 -- from a Lowe's

Utricularia

U. livida -- BobZ
U. unknown at this time -- NatchGreyes
U. sandersonii -- NatchGreyes -- BobZ
U. dichotoma form
U. blanchetii 'white clone form"
U. longifolia -- NatchGreyes &**
U. gibba -- **
U. purpurea -- **
U. graminifolia
U. dichotoma
U. lateriflora
U. bisquamata -- NatchGreyes
U. tricolor
U. calycifida
U. grandiflora
U. subulata

Drosera

D. capensis (typical) --**
D. capillaris -- **
D. spatulata -- ** -- **
D. spatulata 'Hong Kong' -- SundewRex
D. adelae
D. aliciae
D. binata var. multifida
D. binata var. multifida (extrema)
D. intermedia -- **
D. intermedia var. 'Brazil' -- seed
D. nidiformis
D. burmanii (sewn seed) -- m@ti -- Beerwah, QLD
D. sessilifolia
D. madagascariensis
D. prolifera
D. capillaris 'long armed'
D. peltata -- Phil Faulisi
D. rotundifolia --** (seed) -- BobZ
D. extrema "thick petioled" -- Phil Faulisi
D. capensis 'alba'
D. oblanceolata 'Sunset Peak, Hong Kong' (sewn seed) -- m@ti
D. filiformis (sewn seed) -- m@ti

Pygmy Drosera

D. carburup
D. badgerup
D. nitidula x Pulchella -- **
D. pulchella
D. pulchella (Pink Flower) -- NatchGreyes
D. pygmae
D. pygmae (Green Flower) -- Hcarlton
D. scorpiodes -- **
D. dichrosepala --**
D. roseana -- Whimgrinder

Heliamphora

H. heterodoxa -- BobZ

Genlisea

G. hispidula -- Mkambati, Africa ACD B 99.333
G. violacea (Giant)

Sarracenia

S. flava (Red mouth) -- **
S. purpurea Ssp. Venosa -- **
S. leucophylla (Gulf) -- **
S. x wrigleyana
S. flava x (rubra or alata)

Pinguicula

P. esseriana -- BobZ

P. primulifera 'rose ' -- BobZ

P. pirouette -- BobZ

P. lusitanica -- BobZ

P. 'kondoi' -- BobZ

P. laueana -- BobZ
P. x sethos
P. grandiflora -- Sheila
P. caerulea -- **

Dionaea

D. muscipula 'big mouth' -- **
D. muscipula (Typical) -- vendor generic for Lowe's, Harmon's Grocery store or Home Depot etc.

D. muscipula 'jaws' -- BobZ

D. muscipula (akai ryu/red dragon) -- **
D. muscipula "giant red rosette x self" -- Phil Faulisi

Darlingtonia Californica

some new plants came in today and also took a few shots of some hamata hybrids that have opened up recently :)

IMG_1798 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1802 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1806 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1809 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

IMG_1810 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1812 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1813 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1814 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

red hairy hamata
IMG_1834 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

red hairy hamata x tentaculata
IMG_1835 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

spectabilis x platychila
IMG_1836 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1837 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

mirabilis x hamata
IMG_1840 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1843 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

undulatifolia x hamata
IMG_1845 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1846 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

thorelii x hamata
IMG_1847 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
IMG_1848 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

filling up quickly!
IMG_1850 by myles geishecker, on Flickr

Those rhh are going to be something when they mature.

What kind of light you have up there? Must be intense it seems so far away!

its a 420 watt induction light that has equivalent output of 750 watts of high pressure sodium light. This is why I am able to hang so far from plants. I like to call it a fluorescent light on steroids :lol:

That is very cool I have many lights as I love to experiment, fluorescent/hps/led, etc etc. none of those fancy magnetized ones like that though. I’ve always been a bit confused with my lighting so I try to gauge it by response of my plants and as long as the lights are maintaining the temps I want the plants in. There are a lot of opinions out there on lighting and after reading some people’s recommendations and applying that to my experience it makes me think that these people might not be growing plants at all haha. Example (x )amount of watts or bulbs per square foot of growing area and the lights no further than 8-12 inches from the plants. When I read that I’m wondering what planet or conditions they are growing in that they don’t fry their plants with heat. I understand different bulbs/intensities/ heat output (fluorescent tube vs. HID etc..) I get it but it seems that artificial lighting is different somehow person to person there is no definitive guide that would seem helpful to most people E.G. (humidity 75%, room temp 65, lighting 6 bulb t8= hang lights 16 inches about plants) assuming you only had enough plants to fit in the lights footprint. I mean forget lux/Umol/PAR, nothing as exact as that just a general guide that seems based in reality haha
Sorry I’m really bored just ranting

Sorry for the double post, but awesome collection man! I’ve been watching this thread since you posted it and it’s like a never ending Christmas Day of plants for you (and pictures for us!)

dont be sorry, this place could use some more back and forth conversation lol

I would be open to trying white LEDs but those purples and pinks drive me crazy! Same with orangy hue of HPS haha. I want to see my plants' true colors :-O

the reason for the rapid growth of my collection is that I have been saving up funds and was just waiting to burst back into the hobby and get as many of my favorite species and hybrids as possible. Soon I will have all I want and can start focusing more on enlarging the grow space for when they grow into vining monsters :p still deciding just what scale it will be. id love a sealed room with a shower drain in floor and all temps being automatically controlled. like an indoor greenhouse with artificial lighting. this route would prob be cheaper to build and control than an actual greenhouse in the harsh New England climate.

Last edited:
I hear you on all of that, big indoor grow room is the way to go, I’m in NJ so I understand. Welcome back to the hobby or addiction rather! I agree with the light colors and plant viewing you mentioned. I will say this, you will never see such large colorful so pristine flytraps as those grown under a powerful led! Wow man they put my VFTs that get 8 hours of direct sun outside to shame. Only tough part is putting the indoors grown plants into dormancy. But each lighting has its place.

Back