What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED questions

• Thread starter ilbasso
  • Start date
Hey all! I don't recall the last time I was logged in here, but I'm looking to sneak back into growing (I never stopped, but I haven't been "into" it for a few years). I am moving for a one year residency to finish school and decided that since I won't have my wonderful backyard garden, I'd get an indoor setup for my chili peppers and tropical CPs. I have a 5x5 grow tent and 2 900 watt LED lights (and probably more than a little interest from some law enforcement because of these recent purchases) and wondered if anybody had suggestions for me. Until now it has been fish tanks with T8 shop lights so this is a huge leap for me. I guess the lights being on veg or grow will depend on the peppers in the tent, but is there anything that I should know about this sort of set up to maximize the few nepenthes that I currently have?

I have T5 LED full spectrum lighting which is not too pricey. I found these T5 30W 2ft long lights at Amazon for $32.99. Monios-L LED Grow Light Full Spectrum 30W 2ft T5 High Output Integrated Fixture with Reflector Combo for Indoor Plants https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072J2T878/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_VphOCb1PSEN0Z
T5 60W aren't that much more. Have fun and welcome back.

Btw know what you mean by unwelcome attention. My Neps are in my kitchen window. I took this pic a few Saturdays ago. I was watching them watching me.
ce22ad76e8379a557bb882249dcc53f5.jpg

I finally went outside and assured them I'm a harmless RN and Carnivorous plant nut and am growing Nepenthes only and invited them up to see my awesome plants. They politely looked at my pics, then got intrigued and asked some good questions and a few odd ones like if they really eat bugs (??). They were nice. We had a good laugh and they left.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back