Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carnivores in the Concrete Jungle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    Your "alata" is ventrata, but that's practically an expected mislabeling now. The singalana x ventricosa is beautiful.
    Thank you for the correction. The guy I bought this from said he order it from logees and it was labeled nepenthes Alata so I went with it. I’m glad you stopped by and again thank you for the name correction.
    Last edited by JKS_NYC; 07-11-2019 at 05:33 AM.
    “Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independent, the most virtuous and they are tied to their country and wedded to its liberty and interests by the most lasting bands.”

-Thomas Jefferson-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Moss View Post
    Nice nepenthes you've got. If you didn't already know, there is a nyc carnivorous plant society. They hold meetings every few months.

I was checking out the “Groups” section of the forum and saw the last post was in 2017 so I wasn’t sure if those meetings got fazed out over time. If they are still going on I’d love to link, learn, and discuss nepenthes. Thank you for stopping by Grey Moss
    Last edited by JKS_NYC; 07-11-2019 at 06:20 AM.
    “Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independent, the most virtuous and they are tied to their country and wedded to its liberty and interests by the most lasting bands.”

-Thomas Jefferson-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarracenia x Dana’s Delight

Sarracenia x Abandoned Hope

Last edited by JKS_NYC; 07-11-2019 at 04:29 AM.

-Thomas Jefferson-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drosera Spatulata x Capensis
    Feeding on fungus gnats

In bloom
    Last edited by JKS_NYC; 07-11-2019 at 01:49 PM.

-Thomas Jefferson-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cephalotus Follicularis 'ABG clone'

Sarracenia x Daina’s Delight
    This was labeled Sarracenia x Dana’s Delight but doesn’t look like the other Sarracenia x Dana’s Delight I have. Any Sarracenia experts know the proper name for this. Thank you

Drosera Dichotoma 'Giant'
    Last edited by JKS_NYC; 07-12-2019 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Corrected name thank you hcarlton

-Thomas Jefferson-

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The NYC group is fairly active on FB, if you have an account you can probably find them there.
    And the second plant looks like "Daina's Delight," just one that didn't receive as strong a lighting as the other (you'll want to get them all into full sun or the equivalent for them to do truly well, unless the LED's are very tall and very powerful).
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ hcarlton: I have 2 1ft x 1ft 125w LED panels and need to set up my 2 ft 4 bulb T5 HO in between the led panels. One of the LED panels also has IR and UV diode’s which I know UV helps with nectar production in other plants so I’m hoping that will carry over to the cps. They get 3 hours of direct sunlight (sun comes in my east facing window). Thank you for letting me know it’s Sarracenia x Daians Delight greatly appreciate it. I’ll check out there FB page and again thank you!

-JKS-
    Last edited by JKS_NYC; 07-12-2019 at 03:41 AM.

-Thomas Jefferson-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These 2 never stop battling it out even during my morning garden work

Venom vs Carnage in the rain (N. Ventrata)

-JKS-
    Last edited by JKS_NYC; 07-14-2019 at 07:45 AM.

-Thomas Jefferson-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast