What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carnivores in the Concrete Jungle

• Thread starter JKS_NYC
  • Start date
Got a few more days on vacation in New Hampshire. Brought along all my nepenthes, cephalotus, and left the drosera, Sarracenia, and vft under my mother-in-laws care with video instructional on filling the trays with proper water levels. Had some awesome experiences up here and spent some well needed time with my brother and his family. Got to educate my nephew and niece on cps and how they work. My nephews eye lit up and said “Bug eatting plants! Uncle you are the coolest! Can you get me one?” So needless to say I will be taking some basil cuttings from the N. Ventrata and getting them to root. Once rooted I’ll be making another trip up here to set up a little coffee garden for him. I’m gonna try to take my hand on rooting a leaf cutting off of a drosera. We watched nepenthes expeditions on YouTube so he could understand there geographical locations and what botanist do to discover new species. Fed a snapper turtle I’m gonna guesstimate is around 50+ years old and captured video as well but go to edit it.

Here’s a few shots

IvqWZaG.jpg

EBCJ2Bk.jpg

5sLWxRO.jpg

AEn5ae8.jpg

oUDzfYa.jpg

TMTuAAA.jpg

RKa991Z.jpg

Back