What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Source for Lava Rock

• Thread starter Vbkid
  • Start date

Vbkid

Getting There...
Hey all!
I have seen a few photos online of Pings and such rooted onto lava rock and the lava rock simply placed in water to wick it up. I was wondering if anyone could point me I nthe right direction to where to buy such a piece of rock?

Thank you, and happy growing,

Kyle

Are there any landscape suppliers in your area? Might not be able to buy individual pieces, but worth checking out. Some fish stores (probably not the Big Box ones) might also carry lava rock since it can be used as hardscape for aquariums. Side note, I swear there was someone on one of the Facebook CP sales pages selling rock but I can't find their post...

One thing I've read is that sometimes it takes some experimenting to find one that wicks the right amount of water. Apparently some aren't as great at that, or it requires some strategic use of peat/moss in pockets to retain enough moisture.

Back