What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heating a grow tent

• Thread starter ilbasso
  • Start date
Apologies if this was covered already, but I didn't see anything on the topic.

I have a 5x5 grow tent with LEDs and I want higher temps but am not comfortable with putting a space heater in there. I don't suppose anyone has experience with infrared reptile heat lamps in tents? I'm thinking that the submerged reptile heater won't cover a 5x5 tent. Any other ideas? I have seedling mats for the veggies but that's it.

Why are you against a space heater? A oil filled heater set to low with a fan to circulate air would work great in there I would say.

Edit infrared lamp will heat up only what it's pointed at and is very distance dependent. I don't think that's a good plan unless you're going to have it heat bricks and have a fan to circulate the heat. Then my above option is better I think.

funny thing is if you were using t5 fluorescent or an HID lamp it would light the room and heat it at same time but LED lights put out so little heat it can remain cold inside tent.

and as for space heater, i agree with above. most def dont use one of the coiled space heaters that turns red hot but the oil filled ones are quite safe.

Back