What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grass or sedge in CP container

• Thread starter dbarron
  • Start date
I started a small (oh 3 foot by 1 foot or so) container of sarracenia, drosera, and VFTs about 15 months ago, everything doing pretty good with full time outside...however...
Oh my, the little green grassy things are pretty much all over. I assume the best thing I can do it try to pull them out as soon as possible? I don't think the competition would be favorable on esp on the tiny drosera and the flat growing VFTs. Since I mow around it...I didn't even know that seed had fallen into it..but geez, so many.
Any advise?
Thanks
Danny

The seeds probably came from the medium used, and either grasses or sedges will fill the soil with roots and can strangle the other plants in some cases, or just be a pain to remove when they establish.

So, next warm day...put on a bench and enjoy spending the next hour or two pulling out small weeds? :)

Back