What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coco-fiber/panel, tree fern, ghost wood

Coco-fiber/panel, tree fern, ghost wood

I was just wondering if these products are safe to use with cp’s? Will they leak or deposit any thing into the bedding that will kill the plants?

Also has any one used either coco-fiber and tree fern as a background? Which would be a better choice and why?

Thanks in advance for the help

seedling, cocofiber is used in some potting mixes of highlander. w/ it decomposing i would say it take years for it to acually break down. i have a couple of coconuts in the backyard that is alot older than i am and they might have holes in them from the bugs but are still hard as bricks

Phil knows something about coconut fiber....I'll try to call his attention to your question and have him answer you on this.
Till then I'd be careful what you use...better safe than sorry.

Coco fiber that has been washed and is free of salt is safe to use in your planting mixes. I am infact, getting ready to re-do my entire terrarium with coco fiber, cork board, and a few other niceties to make it more scenic.

The coco fiber looks and feels great. And, no matter how hard you try, you can't squeeze moist coco fiber into a tight ball, it resists compaction (a good thing). Like Ram said, make sure it is clean and doesn't have salt in it. If you're not sure, you can always do a taste test like I did
wink.gif

Back