What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!! PFT Party at Tamlins house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYBODY"S INVITED
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well, OH MY GOSH......I just don't know how to respond to such kindness and wonderful support! You are all amazing folk, and it is my greatest pleasure to be among you!

Ozzy, as it stands, buddy George has offered to help me wire the new circuts. He often has to do AC wiring for power distribution during his sound jobs, and he has 125 feet of the needed wire. He has assured me it is no difficult process.

However, as soon as I get some cash in hand I am going to send you the gas money myself. Then you can come and get a box or two of plants and we can have a good visit.

As for the CP party at my place, why the door is wide open, and for sure everyone is invited! My phone number is 315-342-4139 if anyone is passing by, please call and I will be honored to host you and weight you down with some plants.

Ozzy, when you get a chance, please send me an email and tell me what's going on with you! Maybe I can help somehow.

To all the rest of you, know I love you all very much, and thank you for all the offers to help. I may not have a dollar to my name, but I am certainly a very rich man!

It's been a real exciting day: my ballast has been returned and repaired. The Phytocytorium (hee hee) is now fully operational. Plants everywhere(!!!): I can even use the floor space. Literally every square inch of the room is now lit to some degree. With these HID lights I can grow flower pots from bricks! Add this to the all new flourescent lights and you can imagine what the plants are thinking, LOL!

In the 2 weeks that I have had the lights there is an amazing upswing in color, vigor and general growth. Some of the colors in the pygmys are just outstanding!!! All the Mexican Pings have burst into flower, as has Drosera montana var tomentosa! Yes!

This year I will let the S. leucophylla grow until December since it just made its first true pitcher a week ago, and I plan on ejoying it and the 2 forming now as long as I can!

The room hosts my succulent collection, orchids, bonsai and tropicals in addition to the CP, and everything will be optimal as soon as I can het the needed humidifier. It is a beautiful room, and although very crowded everything is reachable. It even has a rug on the floor I still have to shuffle some bins around to get to things, but all in all it is a good functional unit for the 1500.00 or so I have invested into it (thanks for the loans and help). A GH would give more room, but not necessarily better results.

Now the problem is I have a LOT of space (relatively), so the fever is on me. I have been writing lots of letters lately, seeking new material to bring into circulation, especially Utricularia and Drosera. Its a bad time of year though: near winter in some places, but strangely enough, not here!

Like the plants themselves, the lights have renewed and refreshed my passion for these plants. Like a bubble of tropical paradise the room will get me through the long winter ahead.

So, thanks to all for the encouragement and support. Look for good things from me in the near future!

YAY!! I'm so glad to hear the ballast has finally came in and is fully repaired. It's great that all that room is finally in use. I wish you much luck on getting those "much needed plants" to fill the room.
biggrin.gif

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, your wishes seem very potent: today I heard that I am getting a D. chrysolepsis at long last, and several other goodies are en route including a bit of D. pauciflora root (root root!!!). I gotta get to work on a buddy who grows the tuberous species.......

Alright, party!!  Ozzy, take a short road trip first.  It's a nice jaunt out to Nebraska.  Really.  Pick me up and off we go.

Party train to William's house! Woooohoooooooooooo!

Hey Ozzy...I was eating grapes last nite and I thought of you. Where is a good grape-peeler when you need one? Hmmph! By the way...I got a better offer...someone offered me a grope instead of a grape. ;) Can you top that?
biggrin.gif

Anyway...swing the Tamlin Train down to Virginia so I can hop on. This could be bigger than Woodstock! Its...Plantstock!

smile.gif

Back