What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

125 gal terrarium phase 2

ive done a few changes, most of the bottom has been pulled up and replaced with peat/pearlite mix, the bottom layer of pearlite is still there and ive done more rock work, soon as i get more available landscaping stuff, ill do more.
tank1.JPG

this is a big gracilis if you ask me, almost to the top of my tank, fresh out of the box!
nepg4.JPG

and this is my first venus flytrap
myfirstvenusflytrap.JPG

heres my nep ventricosa
nepenthesventricosa.JPG

and heres my nep raff.
nepenthesrafflesianna.JPG

i just got some wood and cork bark in, ill update later
smile.gif

ccrider

hmm, i see them, and they are uploaded from a website which is here

comments?
smile.gif

ccrider

Real nice looking setup ccrider.
smile.gif

thanks a lot for the compliments
smile.gif
any suggestions, comments? i'm gonna upload an updated picture of the tank soon
smile.gif

ccrider

heres the pics
smile.gif
not that good, but workable.

DCP_0003.JPG

newwood1.JPG

DCP_0006.JPG

smile.gif

Man--that setup is grand! I hope I can get something like that going in the future... supercool!!

keep us posted on how it works out!
and how your plants are doing
and on any changes on it.
and on any new plants you put in there.
biggrin.gif

and any little stuff too.

cool terrairium

could I do that with my empy 25 gallon reptile tank?
or would any excess water leak out?
biggrin.gif

thanks

Spectabilis73
biggrin.gif

as long as the tank is sealed, sure! you can add water to it, but i dont think the humidifier will fit in your tank, lol. BUT! think about getting 2x2 framing lumber, making a wood frame big enough to house your tank, and a humudifier, if you need one, and the plastic sheet it, double flap the front, you have a controlled environment
smile.gif
!! for air transfer, cut a 10" x 3" slot, your all good, as far as plants coming, my order will be here soon from pft, yes i ordered more plants, jeesh! lol! im waiting on my drosera adalae from another order, and i ordered a prpl pitcher plant and 2 worts, my first plants that i got from frank's have all but diminished, cept one, my venus fly trap(green variant, but i think it might be a large version, its 3 times the size of the ones that came from PFT, and its putting out traps that look like are around 1" - 1 1/4" and the leaf stems are pushing 6", its a young plant too it looks like to me. the prpl ptchr plant has lost one pitcher, and it looks like im losing the other one too, turning brown at the base, working its way down, theres 2 nodes sticking out, one i chipped, and i think thats whats causing the problem, and theres these lil white insects crawling around, not many, but enough, i was looking closley at the soil, then noticed them going from VFT to VFT, crawling pretty fast, they are no bigger then this  .       thats about it, any one got any ideas bout these? harmeful, safe? how to erradicate, or if i have too?       thanks, and i'll keep yas posted!   (not bad, considering, i just started with a ten gal tank, and only about a month or so ago)
wink.gif
also, im starting the same problem that nick has with his nep leaves turning black, i have 2 pitchers gone, one was thin and white, was like that when it came, and the other was very nicely colored, one day , fine, next day, started turning black, hasnt went all the way dead yet, it is a bottom pitcher, but i have 3 new ones coming in
smile.gif
but, the plant is young too, we'll see what happens
smile.gif

ccrider

It is probrobly adapting to the enviroment (sp?)
confused.gif

the nep is Ventricosa, ive had it about 2 weeks now? if that. all the pitchers are no bigger than around an inch, theres only 2 layers of leaves growing, a third row is starting now, i just transferred it to a 4" pot after this happened, the new pitcher that grew in is all but opened, really nice looking, and the red runs up the vine to the leaf, and down the center of the leaf too! really nice!

ccrider

Back