What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introducing......

Hi. I took an empty peanut butter jar, and turned it into a terrarium!!!!only the lid is a parmoson cheese cap.(not the powdered, the shredded parmasan kind.the lids are very diff.!lol) and I put a flytrap that wasn't doing so good in for an experiment. and kept it at room temp for a week. and guess what? the flytrap is doing great!!! it looks alot better. too bad I didn't take a before picture. I will try to take an after picture and post it. (if I can use my dads digital camera and hes willing to take 5 hours to post it&#33
wink.gif
sad.gif

mad.gif
its so complicated!
mad.gif
I don't know how to do it the easy way! how do you guys post pics in like two minutes?!
confused.gif
 thanks.
                            Spectabilis73

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
P.S. Do you think it is worth keeping the plant in the "mini terrarium", or is it just a waste of time???
confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

hey, maybe petflytrap will come out with "the one plant terrarium"! that would be cool.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

oh and what do you guys/girls think about this terrarium?

spectabilies73 just make sure when ya get up for a midnight snack that it isn't vft and jelly but, beside that kool idea

The easiest way to post your pics online is to get your own web hosting. It's very cheap nowadays (email me and I can get you some addresses of server companies who are pretty cheap). Once you get your own domain name (such as www.Spectabilis73.com or whatever you like) you just upload your image files (I use AceFTP) which is a simple "drag and drop" FTP program which looks and acts just like windows explorer basically. Then you come to this site and push "Image" button and type the URL of the photo you want to show such as : http://www.spectabilis73.com/nepenthespage/nepspectabilis1.jpg
you can get the URL without typing it out if you right click wih your mouse on the image at the website you've posted it at and look under "properties" and then under the heading "location" which will give you the URL then just select the URL with the left mouse button and CTRL+C and CTRL+V the image URL into the "image" box here on this site when you wanna post pics.
...Kind of a crash course in explaining this but I hope you get the idea!
smile.gif

yeah, I get it.thanks! I will try it tomorrow. (it's too late to take pics. cause the flash blots everything out&#33
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
and thanks for all the compliments about the terrarium everyone!
biggrin.gif

sorry guys....,I wasn't able to do it today...I will ask tomorrow
sad.gif

Spctabilis73

that pb terrarium sounds like a great idea for growing little plats, i might have to try that instead of in a terrarim, hmmmmm, that is really cool!
Kevin
wink.gif

swords - www.50megs.com Is free you dont have to pay anything .

Spectabilis73
re: you think it is worth keeping the plant in the "mini terrarium", or is it just a waste of time???

Yes its worth keeping in a terrarium the air will be more damp and the plant will love it . Just like a small green house . As long as you make sure the plants getting the fresh air it needs .

Have you ever tryed CO2 ? Now if you really want to make the plant happy make a co2 gen . I did that one year in my green house and wow the plants loved it . The cps would like it as well .If you wanted to try that in your terrarium all you need to do is use a lil dry ice it gives off co2 as is hits the warm air or you can make co2 by yeast(2-tsp) and sugar(1-cup) put it in a 1 gal water bottel that is half way full of water. Soon co2 will start being made. Put a lid on that 1 gal make a hole in it a put a tube so the co2 can be pumped into the tank that has the cps in it.

Here is a site I just found if you wanted to try co2 its 100% safe for humans becase its not a whole lot of co2 .

http://members.aol.com/yamatoaquariums/co2.html ....

You may want to try it
smile.gif

Im going to make mine now for my new cps
smile.gif

_-West-_

I tried it.
sad.gif
at the very end, it says you have to pay $35.00 for the doman name
mad.gif
I was excited for a while
sad.gif
, until that showed up
mad.gif
now I'm
mad.gif
and
sad.gif
how do you get it for free?

You dont have to pay for it . I dont that $35.00 is only if you want the super pack . Go for the free one . Go to that site and hit FREE SPACE AVAILABLE then you will see 100% Free Hosting Option..I want a free Web site and agree to display 50megs ads on my pages, present occasional pop-up ads and receive promotional emails. I can choose to upgrade my site later.
Your page will end in 50megs.com but who cares its free cant get any better then that
smile.gif

just make sure you dont go for the Domains name go for the free one Sub-Domain .

_-West-_

Here im making one right now for free .

1 ) I go to http://www.50megs.com and type in the name I want were it says choose an extension I pick 50megs.com then I click sign up.

2) Now it says ( Congratulations! The domain cpwest871.50megs.com is available.
Choose one of our Premium Hosting Services or sign up for a free Web site now!  )  I go to the bottem were it says FREE AND hit sign-up .

3) Now its asking for my name password ect ( It should not ask you your CC # if you did this right ) Ok im done filling it out now I hit next and next .

There I did it . I just made a new web site I can post my pictures to and give you guys the links to them  
biggrin.gif

Now If anyone wants to see the pictures of the sundews I just got go here http://cpwest871.50megs.com/i-1.jpg  I just posted them  
biggrin.gif
 They are my first sundews Iv ever owned
biggrin.gif
The picture was taken before the plants were sent to me via USPS.

Spectabilis73- I hope this helps . Its not really that hard to make as you see by this post and the picture I just made one now
smile.gif

Good luck !

_-West-_

Hummmmmm thats odd that link is not working anymore
sad.gif
They changed the rules .

Oh well . I can allways put the pictures on the front page of my site and send ppl there .

Here I just moved the picture to my front page http://cpwest871.50megs.com/index.html  That link should work  
wink.gif

Thats ok I know how to do it now...just don't have the pic of the terrarium! thanks west and swords!
biggrin.gif
I am thinking of putting this nep in a terrarium,maybe the one plant terrarium!

http://members.aol.com/xjpx....=AOL_US

how does it look? I have posted this pic a million times on other topicslol

Nice picture I had one of them growing in my green house 4 years ago it did great all winter long but died once the summer heat came .

_-West-_

My sister finished another peanut butter jar! can't wait to get a plant in it...
smile.gif

EDIT: My two unknown Nepenthes are too big for the little terrarium!
sad.gif
but My new rajah isn't!
smile.gif
I hope.

Good idea with the jar! I've had similar but not so upright success with saran wrap and plastic bags. Sounds like it could also be a good way to control the humidity when hardening off seedlings and such...
confused.gif

Back