What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini greenhouse

I bought another 2 tier mini greenhouse today, since I am going to be using both of the selfs know I need to put in lights into the bottom shelf which is in the mini greenhouse. My question is if I put lights into the greenhouse itself and attach it to the shelf will the get over heated and blow up? My temps in the greenhouse are 78-79 and humidity % is 82, will the lights blow up if I put them in the greenhouse?
confused.gif

The temp should be fine (my greenhouse gets to 105F in the summer sometimes) but the humidity can be a problem, especially at night when the lights are off. I have trouble with my ballasts not switching on in the morning sometimes, when the humidity is real high. I know that I'm pushing my luck with my current setup. There are water-proof fixtures at Home Depot and any lights can be used in them. They come in different sizes too. I know I'll eventually need to switch to these when my fixtures have had enough moisture.

Thats great,will at least now I know that they won't die on me for a long time I will buy some of those water-proof fixtures later when mine will start to act up.
biggrin.gif

Back