What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i light this way?

wow.gif
Can I use a terrarium lizard light fixture. With a 60 watt bulb nonfluresant with a butterwort. Will the bulb fry my plant or not.

I have no clue what a lizard light fixture is..

But I can tell you an incandescent light bulb is not the best to use. The light is not all that great for plant growth and it does produce alot of heat as you mention. So it may make your Pings crispy if your not careful. Since it appears to be a fixture that will hold a screw in bulb, you would be much better off getting one of those compact fluorescent bulbs that fits a normal light socket.
Tony

I use the screw in compact fluorescent bulbs. I think they are great. You can move them around inside your grow area so that you you can get the light where you want it, you can't do that with strip fluorescent lights. They are finally making different shades of light. I try to use at least one cool white and one warm white. I also have a plant grow light over head just to make sure I give the plants what they need.
That's also my heat source in the winter. They seem to produce almost the right amont of heat. I sometimes add a plant heat growlight if I need to add a little more heat.
If anybody is interested I can tell how you how I make my light fixtures for less than $10 and that includes the compact bulb. It's very cheap and easy.

So the fixture i got is best?
confused.gif

Not best, but usable. Is it a dual light or single light top?
Dual would help greatly.

joe

its a single
its a round sort of dome

how big are indoor greenhouses

Back