What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the terrerium from pft good

• Thread starter bsjoelbs
  • Start date
B

bsjoelbs

just wondering

They are excellent starter terrariums. Some of the plants will eventually outgrow them but can easily be replaced. If you want an easy to care for terrarium I would recommend one of these.

Although I have yet to obtain one, a few freinds of the cp world told me they love it, personally, i would get it if I just started terreriums, but I have all the plants basically that come with the kit, and I have a terrarium, but they are cool!
smile.gif
You should get one,
Kevin

I didn't get one of terreriums that PFT sells, but from my friends I hear it is a great starter kit. Anyone of the kits you have to choose from really introduces you to the world of Cps.
biggrin.gif
--Phil

If the plants from PFT are excellent than the CP starter kits are also excellent.
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

I just bought the 1.5 gallon one from pft, but had a quick question. What should I use to cover the hole at the top so I can keep the moisture level high, as it did not come with a lid. I also have the TropicAire system, so I would need something that the tubes could go through. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a million!!

Most people use a sheet of plastic wrap and tuck the ends under the snap on lid. It works just fine and serves the purpose.
smile.gif

shilvan,
You probably won't need a cover over the top of the terrarium. Being enclosed with the narrow opening at the top will increase the humidity some and with the TropicAire running you will boost it up even more. I think that if you were to totally seal the top, you will have trouble with the extremely high humidity and lack of air circulation causing mold problems on your plants and soil. Most of the plants sold by PFT don't require a lot of humidity. Sundews like it in at least the 40% to 50% range to produce dew but the pitcher plants and VFTs do fine with slightly lower humidity levels.

Back