What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My bog

Hi all
This is a Pict of my Bog i built over the summer.. It is a small one about 5 feet around with A few plants... If any one has any suggestions about what to do diffrently let me know.. I thought since i was new to this board I should show you guys the plants that i love most....
Bog.jpg

Great looking bog and the plants look like they are happy. Keep up the good growing.

Your photo has given me a reference to show my wife. I want to build a bog similar to yours, but she hasn't been able to visualize it.

Thanks!

Sweet bog! I like all the variety you have in there. Very nice!

how do you keep a bog real moist
confused.gif

I collect rain water and air conditonar water and have dried long fiber around the outside of the bog. When it dries and you can see the dried ends showing.. that is also how i water the bog so I dont splash the plants and possably make the cloged with the soil they are in.. I water on the long non living fiber and the water seeps into the bog Hope that explains it
smile.gif

Wow, Love your picture, the venus fly traps look especially wonderful. What's the really long plant on the right side next to a pitcher plant? I would put in some non-carnivorous plants, like bog orchids. You seem to have the room for them.

wow , makes me want to build a bog but to bag i don't have a very good climate
sad.gif
. but when i do someday succesfully build a bog i wish it would look like yours
biggrin.gif

Oooo!! kewl looking Bog
biggrin.gif
i want to make a bog some day just never buy alot of sarr's or flytraps to make one im to stuck on Heli! rite now
smile.gif

Back