What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got into cp's need help with getting started

• Thread starter vash2126
  • Start date
  • Tags
    terrarium
V

vash2126

I just got into CP's and i would like some help getting started.
I need help with buying a terrarium, or making one, and what plants are ez to plant for a beginner.

CP's isnt a hobby its a way of life

Well, I'm no expert, but some easy plants are D. Capensis, S. Purpurea, N. Ventricosa and of course you need to have a VFT in your collection.

As to your terrerium, that depends on how big you want your collection to be. Most people have a 20gal or 30 gal terrerium. You will probably need an artifitial light source. Swords wrote an article if you click here

lighting

good luck!

smile.gif
O.K., here's my 2 cents. I bought my first VFT from a hardware store about 10 months ago. At the time I didsn't know a thing about cp's but with a little research and lot's of questions answered here that little plant is still growing and hungry.  
biggrin.gif
 I've added 11 more plants from pitchers to pings to a variety of sundews. Might I add that I've kept them alive on my windowsill under two 60 watt growing lights. I guess the most Important thing I've learned is that watering with distilled or rain water ONLY is key. Also every plant I have is planted in just sphagmum moss. I want to upgrade to a better greenhouse soon but for now lots of attention and crickets is sufficient. So I guess any plant you get is a good starter as long as you pay attention to it's needs. GOOD LUCK!!!
wink.gif

Thanks a lot guys. My one plant the Venus Fly Trap is growing great and i am planing on getting some more plants soon.
biggrin.gif

Back