What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My terrarium.

W

Warped54321

Ok, some of you may remember about a month or two ago I was thinking about putting together a terrarium, well, I did it, and I have a couple questions...again
wink.gif

Right now in my 10 gallon aquarium gone terrarium, I have 2 D.Capensis (in the same pot) that are both about 2in diameter. I have about 10 small D.Spathulata "Fraiser Island Form" wich are mostly about a centimeter in diameter. Most of the spathulatas are growing in one large pot, but I have a few in a couple 3 in pots just to see how they do (I'm probally going to transplant them later) And Last but not least I have a Venus Fly trap. I think it's green dragon I'm not sure. I got the VFT at wall-mart a couple months ago, and belive it or not It seems to be doing pretty good for a wall-mart VFT! The temp inside of my terrarium stays about 80-85 degrees F, and about 85-90% humidity during the day.

Right now the only thing I have over the terrarium is a piece of clear plastic with a small hole with netting over it for ventallation.  Should I change that?  My plants are doing really good with it over it now how it is.  
    Also I have a D.Capensis in there that isn't doing so well, it's new growth is starting to die, and pretty much the whole plant is starting to wither away...can I save it, or is it doomed?  The other one is doing verry well.

Any Advise would be appreciated!  
smile.gif

thanx-warped  
alien.gif

You could try propogating D. Capensis by leaf cuttings.

Ok, i read somewhere that it's good to use root growth hormone for that, I have none,
sad.gif

You can buy root hormone at your local nursery, Franks has it, walmart has it, a lot of places have it.  Rooting powder does not cost much.

Back