What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humidifer

Is it okay to put tap watr into your humidifer?
wink.gif
confused.gif
wink.gif

Well, it's OK. But eventually the minerals in the water will build up, and you'll have to clean the humidifier. It won't hurt your Cp though.
smile.gif

Phil traper2,

It depends on what type of humidifier your using. If its the type that creates steam then it won't be a problem for your plants. You'll just need to clean the mineral build up out of the humidifier regularly. If it's the kind that creates a fine mist ultrasonically or by some other method where the water is reduced to small drops mechanically, then you will have a problem with the minerals in the water being carried into the air in the droplets and left behind as a fine grey-white film on the leaves and furniture. It is especially noticable on TV screens.

It is the kind that has a warm mist. And I have a greenhouse so I don't have to worry about having water spots on the Tv and etc. But I dont think I a going to use tap watrer.

Can I use rain water for the humidifer. I just can't believe how fast the humidifer use the water.But it is very helpful indeed. I just want to know oif rain water would work so I wouldn't spend so much money on water.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I think rain water will be fine if all the junk (dust and other small particles) is allowed to settle out before putting it in you humidifier. You may have to clean it more often is the only real problem I think you'll have with rain water.

Rain water should be fine. Distileld is the best, of ocurse, but it costs money.
tounge.gif
The only problem with rain water is that if it doesn't rain for a long time in the summer you're gonna have to get distilled anyways. Melted snow would be better than rain water, ice on top of a pond or lake could work too.

Back