What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making a terrarium

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Anyone have any ideas for making a Terrarium?

Wes

Try reading some of the other threads. There is a ton of info from here and on other cp websites. Do some homework, and I'm sure you will do just fine.

Hmm...well, my first thought was to suggest you look at the terrarium kits that PFT sells. They make good beginner terrariums. I can't seem to find the page though. The "terrarium and terrarium kits" page only has the terrariums themselves for sale...anyone know what happenned to the kits?

Thanks, I guess it is time to go into the archives(sp) of this forum... take a deap breath... now plunge!

Thanks,
Wes

Buy a 10 gallon terrarium. Peat and a little bit of sphanghum. A lamp or something 60 watt. two pieces of glass or plastic to keep up the high humidity you don't need too much humidity with this setup i don't think
2 vft they need dormancy so stick em in the fridge in the winter
2 sarrs that don't need to much light or dormancy(seedlings flava or leocophylla work)
2 mexican ping

read barry's faq at www.sarracenia.com

it will give you lots of good info

Back