What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lighting for wide array of light loving

At Home Depot where I am they had a lot of different sizes in the Sunshine brand. All except incandescent. They had a lot of different sizes in tubes though. Are you looking for an aquarium hood?

today i got the tank and lights. they are compact flour, they put out i think 800 lumues (
confused.gif
spelt ) per bulbs i have already good a hood.

hmmm, what about wide spectrum bulbs like G.E. plant and aquarium tubes, they are flourescent, and have a balanced blue and red spectrum, they are sold at franks nursery and crafts, any info on these? im going to check on bulbs now, and get a 24" dual light fixture, do i need the glass covering for the ten gal tank?, its relatively dry in my house, thats why i went with the tank, to keep humidity high. also, those sunshine tubes, can i use 2? or one and one of something else? what compliments these?

CCrider

The sunshine are full spectrum so you wouldn't need anything esle. I have two in my shoplight. Can't tell you if anythings improved or not. It's only been a week or two. I think the plant lights are too expensive and don't work as well that has been my experience at least. For the plant lights at home depot it would've been like twenty bucks more then what it was for the sunshine adn they are basically the same thing. Full spectrum is exactly what it says. the full spectrum of colors so it's the same thing as the plant lights. I've heard that the ge plant lights have a lot of green which is completely useless to plants. This is a link to some light info. http://retirees.uwaterloo.ca/~jerry/orchids/tubes.html
Hope it's some help to you.

Back