What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on my 125 gal terr.

heres a new update on my tank, some of the picks arent that good, but theyre pics!
smile.gif

wholetankview.JPG

heres the whole tank view.

nepenthesgracilis.JPG

my gracilis

oh poop, heres the webpage, updated.
click here

oh yeah, i forgot to mention, i upped the lighting too, there is 6 4 foot sunshine tubes on the top of the tank now, talk about bright! i have to keep the fan on the top all day long, and, there is all types of growth in the bottom of the tank too!

wow
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
, that tank is coming along real nice!!!!Keep us updated!!!
Kevin

wow! awsome! You've done a very good job at building it
smile.gif

Dude,
That looks really great!
biggrin.gif

Yes, lots of light! The more light the better! I've become addicted to using as much light as I can because it makes plants look so much more interesting with colors! I think the pinkish yellow item in the back of your tank is a S. purpurea, that looks real great!
smile.gif
lets see it up close!

Keep it up!

How much did just the tank cost? I might get a similar setup for Christmas.

hi everyone, im sorry for the delay on my response here, been(video games) busy on the pc, lol. yes swords, thats is a s. purp. ever since i added the 2 extra 4 ft tubes, they been coming along nicely, my ventricosa, the newest pitcher in the back of the plant is 3 times the size as the other pitchers! nathaniel, i got this tank from a pet shop owner/ friend, he was remodeling his new place that he was moving to, he had the shelfs custom made for him for the tanks, but he didnt figure on the measurements of the wood getting in his way, so the tanks ended up being too big for his shelves, i got the tank from him for 200 dollars, and its also custom drilled too, for saltwater setup(what the tank use to be). you can find these tanks from 100-225 dollars, i will try to get some better picks for you too, limited with this digital cam i have
smile.gif
cyas later!

one word. jealousy!

That set up is supersweet!! fantastic job!!
biggrin.gif

woooooo....it`s great!!!!

ccrider1016,
What CP are in the three pots next to the D. Binata? Everything looks so healthy and green.
wow.gif

I could get a mini greenhouse for less
confused.gif

eplants, the plants are from right to left: nep. gracilis, a purple pitcher plant, and then, my nep. ventricosa
smile.gif

I hope you don't get annoyed with me when I post my terrarium pics...I kinda copied the texture of your tank for my 30 gal. terrarium.
smile.gif
it was such a cool idea I just tried it...
smile.gif

not at all spectabilis73, as a matter of fact, if anything ive said or shown here can help anyone with these amazing plants, i would say go for it, thats why i posted this
smile.gif
, not just for show, but for all of my wonderful friends here at PFT
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
, not bad for me being a newbie to these, huh? hehehe

Back