What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium: examples and suggestions

Hello Everyone,

I have begun planning my second terriuam.  Unlike the first one...I plan to do this one right.
I should begin when school is out in June.

I would like to read and see (if possible) about how you set up your automatic watering system(s) for your terrarium(s).  Any suggestion or ideals on misting too would be appreciated.

As for humidity and air exchange system I am using  the Tropic Aire."  I am wondering if there is a system or even a home made system that is design for plants.

I am hoping to find or build a hexagon.  Three of the walls will be mirror or covered with mirrors. In the new tank I plan to have miniature orchids, a compatible sundew and maybe some VFT.  Therefore the minium height will be 3.5ft to house them. I am thinking that something that tall might be 30gal tank. I don't know yet.

Are there any suggestion on the type of walling and frame?  Glass or plastic?  I am hoping that the base will be strong enough to hold it together.  If not I will have to use wood framing.

I really would like to read and see  what you guys have and are doing or even planning to do. Any creative examples, ideals or suggestions that might be of assistant in this project?  

Thank you for your time in reading my post.

Back