What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help

Should i get pvc green house. or a grow chamber. Maybe even a Big terrarium. What are the good and BAD things aobut each. right now i have 6 plants but will expand soon. I have them in a 10 gallon fish tank

I have a 75 gallon tank in my room. its VERY nice to have all that space. Be sure to get a new one, or it will look bad, and get a nice stand and top. i got the whole thing for about 600 bucks (stand, tank, and canopy). i'm upgrading to a 90 gallon next year for the extra height.

IMO they look ALOT nicer than a DIY job. It would look REALLY good if you made it an In-Wall tank aswell.

I am talking about one under a 100 $

Find out if you have any used aquarium equipment dealers in your area. I purchased my 50 and 60 gal aquariums to use as terrariums for around $30 and $50 each. If you have low growing plants, a 45 gal would be more advisable since it is shorter, ie more light will reach your plants.

Heck, I made a grow chamber by cutting out the sides (and most of the lid) of a 33 gallon rubbermaid storage tub, and taping clear shower curtain to the inside (so you can't see the tape from the outside) to make the windows. Works great! Just gotta keep the lid a little propped open or it seals too tight! Cost me 13 bucks for the tub and 5 bucks for the curtain.

Eat your heart out Bob Villa!

Back