What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Source of good information on bog gardens

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
Besides this message board of course...

My interest has been caught, and now I want a bog garden... now I need to find a reliable source for information on setting one up, and what type of plants will work in what situation.. So I thought I would ask here to see where people suggest I look.

Tips that you all have would be appreciated as well.

T.I.A.

Mae

Bog gardening.
smile.gif

And another one...

... and another.
wink.gif

I personally have a bog garden (small) with Sarracenias, Drosera, and VFT's. Everyone seems to be happy.

This is a good one too:

John Green's Bog Page

I have a small 5 foot x 3 foot bog in my garden with Sarracenias, Darlingtonia, VFTs and hardy Droseras, they all survive the winters here in E. England without mulching. You should be able to grow a much wider range of plants outside in a bog garden in Florida than I can, you'll need a good supply of rain water though.

Vic

I don't know if this is okay to post here so someone yell at me if it isn't and I won't ever again. There is another forum with a topic devoted entirely to bog gardens at www.gardenweb.com Just look under the forums names and it's under bog gardens. They ask for you to pay for their services but it's not required to join.

I just picked up a book today called Water Gardening in Containers by Nash & Speichert. It's skimpy on the details, but I picked it up because it had nice pictures and gave very good ideas which you can apply to a Carnivorous Bog Gardens. It also has a small section devoted to CP's. Very good as a beginners "how to" book and those who are advanced can definitely pick up some new tricks.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

It should be available at your local Indigo/Chapters.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Container bog gardening??

That sounds like something I could definately get into, where did you find the book?

Nevermind, you alreday told me that
smile.gif

Wow, thanks everyone, I now feel I have enough info to start planning a bog garden, I was thinking of starting small (space and moving limitations) perhaps something in the "rubbermaid" line....

You have all been very helpfull

smile.gif

Back